At Authentic Nigerian Art, we have a commitment to excellence when it comes to our art prints. It goes without saying that great art supplies and materials enhance the work of the artist and the type of paper even more so as its the foundation of the artwork.
That's why there was no other choice for us than the Hahnemühle German Etching Paper & Lyve Matte Canvas paper.
Hahnemühle German Etching Paper
Hahnemühle is a German paper making company that’s been in existence and operation since the 16th century, in 1584 to be precise. Hahnemühle is German’s oldest paper producing company and thus you can expect centuries of quality experience.
This paper is perfect for fine art reproduction as its quality only enhances the appearance of the art. Highlighted below are some of the benefits:
- High quality: Its fine surface, velvety feel, 100% cotton, and pure alpha-cellulose presents a texture that only permits high-quality printing. Hahnemühle has strict quality control standards for its paper and its archival status ensures it will last a lifetime with no fears of degrading or discolor with use.
- Acid-free: Hahnemühle papers are acid-free with zero OBA content, a must-have for fine art reproductions.
- Textured nature: This German etching paper is thick and of the textured kind as it helps one to create a classic yet soft finish to prints. Its rough texture enhances the details of the print.
- Water-resistant: A lot of print papers aren’t water-resistant. This just further increases its longevity and durability.
Print on the left & original on the right
Lyve Matte Canvas Paper
The Lyve brand stands on the legacy of being the world’s first optical brightener additive (OBA) free canvas. This USA made award-winning paper possesses and offers superior resolution which increases the sharpness of your prints.
- High quality: The Lyve Matte Canvas paper is made of 65% cotton and 35% polyester designed to achieve a high-quality matte finish with 98% opacity.
- It features microporous coating for optimal ink load as well as image definition on a bright white matte canvas.
- Vibrant Colors: It offers eye-popping color range and gradation which increases the overall image sharpness.
- Longevity: This canvas Paper possesses the prestigious Blue Wool certification awarded by The Fine Art Trade Guild. Along with its archival status, you can be sure your prints will last for a display life of over a century.
- Resolution: The image resolution of this canvas paper is quite incredible. This paper captures details and nuances in every piece of art. You'll be hard-pressed to tell the difference.
- Water-resistant: The Lyve Matte Canvas paper is also highly water-resistant.
Print on the right, original on the left
These are the two best materials you can opt for when reproducing fine art. Not only are these materials highly protective against tear, smudges, water, and even air pollutants, they have over a century worth of lifespan while also capturing the intricate details of the art you fell in love with.